This blog was written in Blogging School on July 24th.
If you think that increasing your audience and generating interest for your business for free is a waste of time, then yes, blogging is a waste of time. But we think blogging is great for increasing brand awareness without spending any money. In fact, this blog generated 6000 views in April, helping to raise awareness of the fantastic community we have in Warwick.
- It’s a cost-effective way of raising your profile
- It’s instant and up-to-date
- You can show off your knowledge and expertise
- It can be used to promote absolutely anything
- Your reach is so large that anyone in the world can read what you write
- You can work from the comfort of your own bed.
Let’s tell you a blogging story…
Once upon a time there was a boy called Todd, who loved to write. He drove a van and he had an iPhone. Todd worked for a wine merchant in Warwickshire who needed some traffic to come to their new website. Little Todd knew that blogging was a key driver in any marketing campaign, because he stayed up very late every night watching Google analytics expert videos on YouTube. This made him very grumpy in the mornings, but he knew his stuff.
Todd wanted to help the wine merchant as they were a small business struggling to be found on the internet. He learned a lot over two years, then decided to put it into action. Some of his successes were:
- Selling wine to the Spanish Grand Prix
- Selling wine and recommending local accommodation to an Australian lady on Twitter
- The wine merchant’s blog received over 20,000 views
- People came into the shop to speak to Todd about his little adventures
- Bringing customers to a wine tasting session by promoting it on social media.
So, if you have no time and no how, speak to Todd and he will write for you.
… and they all lived happily ever after.